跳转到指定楼层
楼主
[db:作者] 发表于 2017-10-6 12:29:16 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
查看: 98|回复: 0
<
[su_members]
游客,本帖隐藏的内容需要积分高于 1 才可浏览,您当前积分为 0
[/su_members]

注:注册可直接查看福利【ED2K & 百度云盘资源】:)如未提供百度云盘资源的请耐心下载,站长会坚持用骡子做种共享所有提供的资源,并不断将精品网盘化,有特别需要的请去本站论坛求助资源,推荐大家用百度云盘共享。
资源信息:
        专辑英文名: Long May You Sing
专辑中文名: 恋恋加拿大
歌手: Paul O'Brien
音乐风格: 民谣
版本: [SACD-r]
发行时间: 2013年
地区: 美国
语言: 英语
【注】
本资源从网络收集,免费分享!对您有助,是本站最大的荣幸。
禁用于商业用途!如果您喜欢本资源,请耐心下载,ED2K资源需要有人做种,有时冷门资源需挂机等待。有特别需要的请去论坛求助资源,推荐大家用百度云盘共享。
书我要,下载先! http://www.books51.com/ 祝您开卷有益!

概述:

[B]专辑介绍:[/B]
移民加拿大的英国歌手保罗.欧布里恩精挑细选,翻唱多首经典加拿大歌手作品,包括李欧纳.科恩的「哈利路亚」在内,以温暖深情的歌声与精湛的吉他演奏,向这片音乐的丰饶大地致敬。
一个陆地面积排名全世界第四、人口却仅是台湾一倍半的国家已经很特别,加拿大不但有法语区,又紧临世界最大音乐出口国美国,因此造就了让人钦羡的音乐环境,如红遍全球的席琳狄翁,就是加拿大最成功的出口产品之一。
加拿大的多种族多元文化吸引了不少人前往定居,英国民谣歌手保罗.欧布里恩就是其中之一。对於这个国家的热爱,让他兴起了灌录一张加拿大歌手作品专辑的念头。理所当然的,打头阵的是尼尔杨的「Long May You Run」,而民谣诗人李欧纳.科恩在全球掀起翻唱热潮的「Hallelujah」也是必然的选择。民谣才女琼妮蜜雪的「Big Yellow Taxi」是专辑中最热辣的快板选择,而另外一位另类女声莎拉.克劳克兰的「I Will Remember You」让人惊喜的近代佳作。除了大家熟悉的音乐人之外,专辑中也收录了多首加拿大新一代民谣创作歌手的作品。少数非加拿大歌手的创作也跟加拿大有关,包括了保罗.欧布里恩自己的「Silvia’s River」,这首歌是写一个好友在加拿大的童年生活。
除了创作与歌唱外,保罗.欧布里恩也是位优秀的吉他演奏家。他的捷克手工吉他声响优美灵动,在老虎鱼团队的用心制作下,让我们听到甜美开放又温暖的音乐呈现,与歌手的音乐灵魂亲密互动,音乐风景美不胜收。
由於加拿大优秀的音乐作品太多,保罗.欧布里恩也表示:「能挑选我最喜欢的加拿大音乐人写作的歌曲是我身为歌手最开心的经验之一,但同时也是最困扰的,因为太多我可以挑选的好歌可能应该入选。我有种预感,这将会是一连串心头好中的第一集。」从这张专辑的优秀成绩来看,我们也衷心希望他的预感成真!
Paul O’Brien / Long May You Sing (SACD)
保罗.欧布里恩 / 恋恋加拿大 (SACD)
发行公司:Stockfisch 老虎鱼
产品编号:SFR35740802
发行日期:2013/08/13
媒体形式:SACD
01 Long May You Run 永远奔驰
02 Silvia’s River 席薇亚的小河
03 Jasper 贾思伯
04 Cold Missouri Waters 寒冷的密苏里河
05 Hallelujah 哈利路亚
06 Big Yellow Taxi 大黄计程车
07 If You Could Read My Mind 如你知我心
08 I Will Remember You 我会记得你
09 Brooke’s Waltz 布鲁克华尔滋
10 Pacing the Cage / Creation Dream 笼边踱步/ 创作之梦
11 Northwest Passage 西北通道
12 Lord Inchiquin 英其坤大人
13 Sonny’s Dream 桑尼的梦
14 A Song For All Seasons 四季之歌
代码
Duration 54:33
Genre Folk  Pop/Rock
Label: Stockfisch Records ‎– SFR 357.8080.1
Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, 180 g
Released: 2013
Genre: Folk, World, & Country
Paul O'Brien is a songwriter with deep roots and broad horizons. An English-born child of Irish immigrants, he cut his teeth on Irish music. A natural story teller, Paul O'Brien has developed an eclectic folk style that is broadly appealing and not easily categorized.
"A working class poet from British Columbia with a knack for straightforward language held aloft by a sweet gift of melody ... " - Boulevard Magazine
The second studio album from Stockfisch records is an album of Canadian classics plus a brand new song written by Paul. On this album Paul O'Brien is joined (among others) by master Canadian guitar player and composer Don Ross. On the album there are songs written by Gordon Lightfoot, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, and Leonard Cohen to name but a few.
There's something which connects all the songs on this SACD: all are by Canadian composers.  This is much more than a mere collection of hits - thanks to the poetic, strong and never sentimental interpretations of Paul O'Brien.
Canada is often not taken so seriously - particularly in Europe it is often regarded as a mere extension of the USA, a secret 51st federal state, at the most a paradise for sled dogs and canoe enthusiasts.  Paul O'Brien breaks with these clichés on his album "Long May You Sing" and opens up a whole new perspective.  He openly admits to have felt like a child in a sweet shop, picking out these songs by the great Canadian composers.
Paul O'Brien about this recording: "This collection of songs is the audio equivalent of the “big kid in the candy store”. To be able to choose my favourite songs written by Canadian writers was one of the most enjoyable experiences I as a singer could have. On the other hand however, it was the most frustrating because there were so many songs I could have, and perhaps should have chosen. I have a feeling this will be but Volume 1 of a long labour of love.
"All of these songs have in some way touched me more than the fact they are amazing pieces of art. It was not simply cherry picking (although when I look now at the track list it looks just like cherry picking). I have taken a few artistic liberties with these tunes, and I truly hope I do not offend anyone, but it seemed to me that I had to try at least to add a little of me to the performances."
Paul O'Brien was brought up in England, received an Irish-Catholic education and formed his own musical identity in pubs and at festivals, with the inevitable mixture of positive & strengthening, but also negative and sobering experiences.  In 2004, enough was enough - he shut his guitar away in its case and moved with his family to Canada, settling high up in the North-West - a barren landscape, the beauty of which he often documents with photos on Facebook (inlcuding pics of the beloved family Labrador "Dooley").
Even at the risk of sounding sentimental: this country and this landscape changed him - changed the musician within - in a very positive and creative sense.  He took the banished guitar out of its case and the music flowed.  This artistic output reached new heights on his album for Stockfisch Records "Walk Back Home".  The more recent album, "Long May You Sing", could even top that - it is a hymn to his new way of life.
All 14 songs are by Canadian writers - from Bruce Cockburn, Gordon Lightfoot and Paul O'Brien right up to Neil Young, whose long "Long May You Run" inspired the title of the album. The original impulse for this project is not a secret.  The idea came while thinking about doing something for Joni Mitchell's 70th birthday.  As a tribute Paul decided to record a version of "Big Yellow Taxi".
A big part in this production was played by Canadian master-guitarist and composer Don Ross, who also contributed two solo instrumental pieces.  One particular piece just had to be on the album, for all those who wish to celebrate Canada's independent musical integrity: Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah".  All these songs move Paul emotionally - in his own words "more than just in their function as fantastic works of art".  This project is for him a mixture of thankfulness, fascination and positive energy from the heart of a very special country.  the album has the greatness, the potential and the chance as "volume one of a long labour of love' to go to the top of Paul's personal hit-parade.
Features:
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
Credits
Backing Vocals – Lea Morris
Dobro – Martin Huch
Electric Bass, Percussion – Grischka Zepf
Fretless Bass – Hans-Jörg Maucksch
Guitars, Dobro, Fretless Bass – Don Ross
Low Whistle – Ian Melrose
Percussion, Monochord – Beo Brockhausen
Piano – Lutz Möller, Stefan Press
Vocals, Guitar, Bowed Psalter – Paul O'Brien
Barcode and Other Identifiers
Barcode: 4013357408029